Volunteer with us at Square Roots
Sign-up deadline: Friday, June 22
Register now for your shift
This summer marks the sixth annual Square Roots craft beer and music festival in Lincoln Square, sponsored by the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce and Old Town School of Folk Music.
Heart of Lincoln Square Neighbors Association has been offered $500 — just for bringing in some neighbors to help out at the entrance gates, ticket booths, beer tents, and more on Friday, July 13.
join our team of 40 volunteers!
The money we raise through this effort will support projects our committees are tackling, from beautification and small-business advocacy to marketing and outreach for HOLS.
Volunteer Rules & Guidelines
- GATE: Accept entrance donations (cash), hand out schedule, hand stamps. Volunteers must be friendly and outgoing to interact with festival-goers.
- ID LINE: Check IDs and wristband persons 21 and over.
- BEVERAGE: Pour and hand out beverages, accept tickets for beverages. Must be 21 or older.
- TICKET SELLERS: Exchange tickets for money and/or credit cards. Must be 21 and over, friendly with festival-goers and comfortable with working a credit card machine and handling money.
All festival volunteers will be required to attend a short volunteer rally session prior to the event. Volunteers who attend a rally will be given first priority in scheduling. Rallies will be held:
- Saturday, July 7, 2pm Szold Hall (East building, 4545 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Tuesday, July 10, 4pm & 6:30pm (Szold Hall, East building, 4545 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Wednesday, July 11, 8 pm (Maurer Hall, West building, 4544 N. Lincoln Ave.)
- Volunteers must sign in at Volunteer Registration for their assignment when they arrive at the festival. LSRCC/OTSFM will provide t-shirts to Volunteers when they sign in. Volunteers will be issued one t-shirt per day. There are no on-site changing facilities.
- Volunteers are asked to arrive for their shift at least 15 minutes early for a briefing of their duties, assignment to their post and a smooth transition. For the first shifts on Saturday and Sunday, volunteers are not required to arrive earlier than 11am.
- Volunteers working in the Beer Tents must be 21 or older. NO exceptions!
- Upon completion of each shift, volunteers must sign out at the Square Roots Volunteer Area. Food and beverage tickets will be presented to each volunteer at the sign-out of each shift. If you are working the last shift of the day, please arrive 45-60 minutes BEFORE the start of your shift to receive your tickets. After using your tickets, report back to Volunteer Check-In 15 minutes early to be assigned to your post.
- Back-to-back shifts will not be permitted.
- Volunteers will not be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages while on duty.
- Anyone suspected of theft will be immediately removed from their post and, if appropriate, prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
All volunteers are expected to serve as a positive representation of the community and at no time should there be any illegal activities taking place at the festival. Any volunteer found in violation of these rules can be immediately removed from the festival and prosecuted at the LSRCC’s and OTSFM’s discretion.
Due to attempted theft at a previous festival, Square Roots has been forced to implement an additional security measure. All volunteers must provide a photo copy of a valid ID with the Volunteer Registration form.
This event will be photographed and videotaped. By participating in this event you hereby consent to the use of your likeness or image in those photographs or video for future promotional consideration by Square Roots, the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce, Old Town School of Folk Music and/or Big Buzz Idea Group.
LSRCC, OTSFM, BBIG, employees, related festival providers and participating sponsors shall NOT be responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur to the volunteer or property thereof, during this contract. The volunteer signing this contract expressly releases all of the aforementioned from any and all claims from such loss, damage or injury.